Notice 1.17 Update! Saturday 7th August

Amaris3004

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 4, 2017
Nottinghamshire
Hey all,

We hope the last few days has given you some time to take in the news, of some staff members are stepping down.

The new staff team met again this weekend, and we wanted to let you all know that we plan on updating to 1.17 (if we manage not to break anything) on Saturday the 7th August! So this is us letting you all know that if you want things from the current "Seasonal World" you have less than 2 weeks to clear your items out.

This also means that the Server will be down for a while to get all the updates sorted, but we will try not to break it too much or take "too" long.

This will also mark the date that our new Mini Seasonal world will open! Remember, this world will reset again for 1.18, so we can have some glorious Cliffs and Caves at spawn!

Don't forget, Once we update, the shared inventory between Seasonal and Permanent will be removed!

Thinking of Making it a Social Saturday too, so A few of the Staff will be on voice via discord, chatting for a bit ! Even if not playing, your welcome to join in and come chat, ask us all questions.

CBenni

Seasoned
Supporter
Jun 3, 2020
Wellp, looks like I wont be able to finish my seasonal base then x)
Q: Has a final decision been reached regarding the new world setup?
Will vanilla remain? What about perm mining?

Excited to see what 1.17 brings ^.^

Toonies

Veteran
Supporter
May 31, 2015
Denmark
When you say "if you want things from the current Seasonal World" does that mean we get to take them to the new Seasonal? Or Mini Seasonal? Or Permanent?

What's the Mini Seasonal world? (if I missed a post about this, please link me) Is that another map or is that Seasonal? If it's new, what's the setup on that map? Graves, showers, mining, etc. What happens to it after 1.18?

Same questions as Benni regarding Vanilla and perm mining.

Reactions: Rosleen

EZWoodWorker

Staff
Staff member
Supporter
Jun 23, 2015
Augusta, GA, USA
Server Map Link
View on Map
When you say "if you want things from the current Seasonal World" does that mean we get to take them to the new Seasonal? Or Mini Seasonal? Or Permanent?

What's the Mini Seasonal world? (if I missed a post about this, please link me) Is that another map or is that Seasonal? If it's new, what's the setup on that map? Graves, showers, mining, etc. What happens to it after 1.18?

Same questions as Benni regarding Vanilla and perm mining.
That would be to move items to Permanent world.

I think she said Mini because it won't last long before 1.18 is released.

Decisions have yet to be made as testing is being done to determine what servers and what we can afford.

Toonies

Veteran
Supporter
May 31, 2015
Denmark
That would be to move items to Permanent world.
Ok perfect, thanks!

I think she said Mini because it won't last long before 1.18 is released.

It said "new" in the post, so I thought that meant it differed from the standard Seasonal. So that just means Seasonal will reset when 1.18 drops?
Decisions have yet to be made as testing is being done to determine what servers and what we can afford.

So there still could be trims to world setup then, alright, that's good to keep in mind. Thanks Ez!

Reactions: Amaris3004

MediocreAlex

Staff
Nov 11, 2017
It said "new" in the post, so I thought that meant it differed from the standard Seasonal. So that just means Seasonal will reset when 1.18 drops?
Hey Toons, we just ironed out the details on everything and I wanted to make sure this question was answered for you.

Yes, seasonal will reset when 1.18 drops.

Q: Has a final decision been reached regarding the new world setup?
Will vanilla remain? What about perm mining?
Great questions Benni - here's a summary of the worlds and their setup:

- Permanent setup will remain unchanged. We'll be keeping the XP showers, separate mining world, and all the associated modpacks/add-ons that we've been using.
- Seasonal will have some changes. The plan currently is to have no XP showers or modpacks/add-ons. We will still have a small spawn setup for members but it'll be a minimal setup with the intention of the members expanding and making it their own. That said, we plan on reviewing the setup every update so if theirs any changes that anyone wants to see, definitely let us know.

Hope this helps and let me know if y'all have anymore questions.

Rosleen

Veteran
Supporter
May 31, 2015
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hey Toons, we just ironed out the details on everything and I wanted to make sure this question was answered for you.

Yes, seasonal will reset when 1.18 drops.

Great questions Benni - here's a summary of the worlds and their setup:

- Permanent setup will remain unchanged. We'll be keeping the XP showers, separate mining world, and all the associated modpacks/add-ons that we've been using.
- Seasonal will have some changes. The plan currently is to have no XP showers or modpacks/add-ons. We will still have a small spawn setup for members but it'll be a minimal setup with the intention of the members expanding and making it their own. That said, we plan on reviewing the setup every update so if theirs any changes that anyone wants to see, definitely let us know.

Hope this helps and let me know if y'all have anymore questions.

What does this mean for the Vanilla map and flat world?

Jan 25, 2019
Will we still have dynmap?

Nicokacola

Seasoned
Jun 18, 2016
Norwich, uk
Ahhh, I'm gone 5 mins (whoops months!), and it's all change! All I can say is that this is a fantastic server with great people! Thank you to all that started it up making this place possible and to those taking it forward. I look forward to swinging by when the new server is up! An update and clean slate always draws me back <3

Gwydz

Veteran
Jun 24, 2015
Jacksonville, FL
Server Map Link
View on Map
We hope so, it is VERY resource hungry however it uses a lot of server RAM, CPU and space = expense.
If it isn't possible to run Dynmap on all worlds - can it run on just one? An argument could be made for each world - bu I think Seasonal would benefit the most. Mostly so people like me won't get too lost!!!
Does it have to always be on - or can it run once a day? It would be nice to see Permanent builds - I zoom around the dynmap sometimes just to look at what people are building.

Server Cost Donations

Total amount
$205.00
Goal
$200.00