General Changes to Donations

TiggerBlueMom

Administrator
Staff member
Supporter
As part of the staff changeover, I am taking over the finances for the server. This means that once the switch is made to the new PayPal account for the server, donations will be tracked in US dollars instead of British pounds. Because of conversion rate, the goal will change to $200, which is the equivalent of £150.

Unfortunately, recurring donations will not carry over when the switch is made. So anyone who wishes to continue making recurring donations will have to set it up again.

Thank you for your support and patience as we figure out all the details of this transition. Please contact me if you have any questions about the finances of the server.

Kelly :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't believe you will have to manually cancel recurring payments, I think they will be cut off when the PayPal accounts are switched over.

We do hope to be able to reduce the amount of donations needed, but we have not finalized plans for server backups, etc. and are going to wait until we have everything figured out to decide what the new amount needs to be.

If we are scaling back features to reduce costs, is $200 still necessary, or was that amount not the full cost of all that we were getting?
Indeed it was not Dan. As made clear back when the problems were first on the table.

We made the switch to the new PayPal account today. One time donations are working fine, but currently recurring donations are not. Working on figuring out why, will let you know when it is fixed.

We do realize that the total amount collected did not convert to US dollars, and therefore is not accurate. Unfortunately, we are unable to change that. Will be correct when the donations reset at the end of the month.

PayPal is being a bit of a pain with getting set up and won't let me accept donations right now. Going to probably be a week or so before I can, so have to ask those of you who donate at the beginning of the month to hold off for a bit. Automatic payments have already been canceled. Will let everyone know as soon as things get set up.

Server Cost Donations

Total amount
$75.00
Goal
$200.00
Back