Donations

Steveiest

Inactive
Inactive Player
Hey all,

As you may know, donations from you generous lot are what allow us to keep the server(s) running. The Minecraft server hosting, the map server and the forum/website all have hosting monthly costs that need covered. Without your donations these fairly substantial monthly costs have to be picked up by @WordlyWalker and myself, so we're really grateful for any help towards these bills.

Following a couple of requests, I've changed the donations system on the website. The old system just allowed one off donations to be made, but this new one is both simpler, and more flexible. When you click on the new donation button you're taken straight to PayPal where you can make a one-off or monthly donation of any amount you wish, from either your PayPal balance, or by credit/debit card.

You can find the donation button in the sidebar on the right hand side of the forum home screen, or at the bottom of the site if you're reading this on your mobile.

Huge thanks to everyone that's supported us so far!

Current costs are as follows (invoices/receipts are viewable by clicking on the items):

Last edited:
How much should chip in every month?

images-DRevil-one-million-dollars.jpg

In a similarish situation elsewhere, I found that if there is no visual aid, a thermometer or similar, donations go down. Hence my concern about it elsewhere.

In a similarish situation elsewhere, I found that if there is no visual aid, a thermometer or similar, donations go down. Hence my question about it earlier.

I’ll nag Barry to post updates when we can, however the hope is that the ability to set regular amounts every month for those that can and are happy to, should help.

Thank you for your donations, February's total was £41.90 - Thank you :)

March's current total is
£8.22
(after fees)

Last edited:
Well... what f we started a you tube channel that showed, everyone's Builds, Steve's awesome shower, Shank's villager escapades, Dik swimming in Lava, and us doing something stupid to crash the server every Qtr... maybe we could get 50 likes and fund the server costs???

money-230265_960_720.jpg

Unfortunately, Youtube has changed the monetization rules. You have to have something like 5000 hours of viewing annually before you can monetize. I have lost another small income stream.

Takes a hell of a lot of real views, advert click throughs or pre-roll ads to get anything more than a few pence/cents. The viewer demographic has be attractive to the advertiser too and Google demands 10k channel views before you can start with real earning ads ...

But, the realities apart, a channel sound like fun! Bear in mind that it must be clear that there are server applicant restrictions - or we will be swamped!

PS EZ you posted at the same time.. it looks like things have got tougher since I looked at this last year!

Server Cost Donations

Total amount
$60.00
Goal
$200.00
Back