Recruiting help for Christmas Picture!

TiggerBlueMom

Administrator
Staff member
Supporter
Mrs_Bee and was online right after I finished Doggo! yesterday and suggested doing a Christmas Picture. I love the idea, but will need help to get it done before Christmas.

Please let me know if you would be interested in helping out!

Here is what needs to be done:

(1) I am working on designing a Christmas tree for the picture (found a cross stitch pattern to use as a starting place).

(2) Spot to put "picture" needs to be picked. Can do right by my other pictures, but someone last night suggested it might be fun to have pictures in different spots around the server. Anyone have a suggestion for a place?

(3) Need to create map of spot that is picked, mark where the edges of the map are, and then create a flat "canvas" by either digging out or creating a platform. Sandstone makes a great canvas and I have LOTS of it from digging out for the first two pictures.

(4) Gather resources to "Paint" the picture with. Once I finish designing, I will know better what is needed, but will definitely use a lot of green: green terracotta, lime terracotta, green wool (NOTE: green glazed terracotta, concrete and concrete powder look the same as green wool on a map), leaves, grass.

(5) "Painting" picture! This is the fun part (at least fro me). If anyone want to try and help lay things out, I can send them a copy of the pattern. Anyone can help fill in areas once they are outlined.

Great idea!

I can try to help. Limited time at present but should be able to get some leaves.

Happy to help with whatever is needed! Would it maybe be nice to have a blue background for the tree so we can add snowflakes? ^^ Thinking about an ocean as background if thats not too annoying to paint on?

Happy to help with whatever is needed! Would it maybe be nice to have a blue background for the tree so we can add snowflakes? ^^ Thinking about an ocean as background if thats not too annoying to paint on?
That actually might work quite well. Glass does not show up on maps, so would need a platform made of glass above the water. Would be easier than digging out a spot level. Any thoughts on where?

If it should be over water and easy to get to, then I suggest right next to the mooshroom island in wilds.
X=-2.200 / Z=-18.300

And I'll be happy to supply glass and whatever else is needed.

Nice! Do you have a list of what block makes what color on a map TBM?
Yes! And amounts needed. Items on same line all look the same on map, so can by any of them..

865 - Green Terracotta
550 - Lime Terracotta
533 - Green wool, Green Glazed Terracotta, Green Concrete, Green Concrete Powder
967 - Leaves (from any tree)
1011 - Grass, Slime Block
105 - Lime Wool, Lime Glazed Terracotta, Lime Concrete, Lime Concrete Powder, Watermelon
735 - Red Terracotta
55 - Orange Wool, Orange Glazed Terracotta, Orange Concrete, Orange Concrete Powder
12 - Emerald Block
366 - White Wool, White Glazed Terracotta, White Concrete, White Concrete Powder, Birch Logs, Diorite, Snow, Quartz, Sea Lantern
28 - Light Gray Wool, Light Gray Glazed Terracotta, Light Gray Concrete, Light Gray Concrete Powder
134 - Lapiz Blocks
9 - Redstone Blocks
63 - Gold Blocks (this is for star, so could use more yellow wool)
408 - Yellow Wool, Yellow Glazed Terracotta, Yellow Concrete, Yellow Concrete Powder, Sponge, Hay Bale
157 - Water (for ornaments and presents)
48 - Magenta Wool, Magenta Glazed Terracotta, Magenta Concrete, Magenta Concrete Powder, PurPur Block
10,079 - Of something to fill in background. Off white color it is now would be sand, sandstone, Birch Planks, Glowstone, End Stone

That actually might work quite well. Glass does not show up on maps, so would need a platform made of glass above the water. Would be easier than digging out a spot level. Any thoughts on where?

Water would be a pretty bright blue color (blue ornaments and darker blue presents are water) so I don't think it would make the best background. We can get tree done and then see what looks the best. Whatever it is, we need a LOT of it.

If it should be over water and easy to get to, then I suggest right next to the mooshroom island in wilds.
X=-2.200 / Z=-18.300

And I'll be happy to supply glass and whatever else is needed.

I took a look and I think this would be a great spot. There is a map area right by the portal that only has a tiny bit of island in it, which means is would be really easy to get to. I will go back out there, mark the edge of the map area and set up chests to hold materials so people can just drop off stuff. Then we can start filling in with glass.

How do we want to divide the gathering? Those that have signed up get one color of something, we all take a portion of the glass to make?

for the colours with multiple items - eg. lime - do you care or not care about different blocks making up the total? Meaning, do you want 105 blocks of all the same, or a mix?

How do we want to divide the gathering? Those that have signed up get one color of something, we all take a portion of the glass to make?

I think this will depend on what people already have that they can contribute, how easy the item is to gather and how much we need. Getting 865 Green TC would be a lot more work than getting 967 leaves.

I have made a list of what's needed and put down chests right by the site. I have put what I have there, but it is not much.

Can you guys post here what you already have in storage rooms you can contribute and if you have any preference for what you gather.

I can then Divide up the work.

for the colours with multiple items - eg. lime - do you care or not care about different blocks making up the total? Meaning, do you want 105 blocks of all the same, or a mix?
Good question. I would like the picture to look nice when you see it on the map on the web site too :)

For the greens can definitely use a mixture of blocks, would add interest when you see it on the web map. Though maybe not the glazed terracotta.

The white and yellows that are the candle glows need to be all the same material. Snow would be an easy to gather white that would look great on the web site map for the candle glow. For the yellow how about yellow concrete?

We can think of the ornaments I did on the design as just an idea and try out different shapes and colors. Glazed terracotta would be fun for the ornaments (orange, red, magenta), would look the same as wool on the picture, but fun on the web site map. The other ornament colors I used are water and emerald (though I just realized I only put one emerald ornament on the tree).

Could have a mixture of block types in the presents. This is also another area where we can play with the colors and design of them. Colors I used are: water, Yellow wool, lime wool, red terracotta, green terracotta, Lapiz, and grass.

Server Cost Donations

Total amount
$75.00
Goal
$200.00
Back