General 1.19 mini map instructions (pc instructions)

Amaris3004

Administrator
Staff member
Supporter
Sep 4, 2017
Nottinghamshire
to get ready for the update i thought i would get these written up for people who would like to use a minimap

Download these files.
Fabric loader 1.19
https://fabricmc.net/use/installer/
Fabric API: fabric-api-0.55.1+1.19.jar
https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/...
Xaero's Minimap 1.19: 'Xaeros_Minimap_22.9.2_Fabric_1.19.jar'
Xaero's World Map 1.19 (recommended): 'XaerosWorldMap_1.23.2_Fabric_1.19.jar'
Mod Menu (optional/recommended): 'modmenu-4.0.0-beta.4.jar'
Make sure you get Fabric versions of the minimap and worldmaps

Now load Minecraft in 1.19 with no mods in your mod file (to do so, click installations on the front screen of launcher) once it loads close minecraft again 1655999486118.png

Now double-click the Fabric-installer (usually located in downloads or wherever you chose to save the files) let it install a 1.19 profile on client tab now load Minecraft again (checking the I understand box)

1655999768587.png

Once loaded, it should say Minecraft 1.19/Fabric (Modded) in the bottom left of the title screen1656000100383.png
Now head to your ".minecraft" folder to get there on pc search %APPDATA% and you will get a folder with local,LocalLow and Roaming. You want Roaming then ".minecraft"

Inside this menu, you may or may not have a mods folder, if you don't add one by right-clicking and selecting new then folder. name it "mods" no capitals

inside the mods folder paste the other 4 items you downloaded

1656000968093.png

Now reload Minecraft and you are done.

Xaeros has a LOAD of customisation! message me for more tips

xiphoid24

Seasoned
Aug 30, 2017
Avril, I have never used Xaero before. What are the 2 different map mods used for?
  • Xaero's Minimap
  • Xaero's World Map
Also what does the Mod Menu do?

Thanks!

Last edited:

Amaris3004

Administrator
Staff member
Supporter
Sep 4, 2017
Nottinghamshire
I am curious why these steps do not work for Mac. None of the downloaded file are OS specific. Only the directory the mods save into would be different.
TBH it was more, so I don't have any reference with Mac, so I didn't know if my instructions would correlate to IOS

Amaris3004

Administrator
Staff member
Supporter
Sep 4, 2017
Nottinghamshire
Avril, I have never used Xaero before. What are the 2 different map mods used for?
  • Xaero's Minimap
  • Xaero's World Map
Alao what does the Mod Menu do?
Mod menu adds a searchable screen to see what mods you have also helps you see what mods are active at that time too.

Xaeros minimap gives you an in-game map somewhere on your screen, a lot like Voxel or Journey map you can plot way points too.
1656070408021.png

Xaeros world map gives you a top down in-game map like voxel gives you in one mod xaeros splits it up so you can choose if you want that view
1656070446259.png

• Love
Reactions: xiphoid24

xiphoid24

Seasoned
Aug 30, 2017
Does the Mod Menu let you enable/disable mods without removing them from you mods directory?

Captain_Marko

Administrator
Staff member
Supporter
Jun 10, 2015
I am curious why these steps do not work for Mac. None of the downloaded file are OS specific. Only the directory the mods save into would be different.
Good question, I have followed many instruction sets over the years. According to Java logs the issue is where the Java coding is in error where it references file locations. I had minimap working once, but it broke itself. :cool: When I have the energy I'll try again, there used to be a couple of threads about it on here.

xiphoid24

Seasoned
Aug 30, 2017
Good question, I have followed many instruction sets over the years. According to Java logs the issue is where the Java coding is in error where it references file locations. I had minimap working once, but it broke itself. :cool: When I have the energy I'll try again, there used to be a couple of threads about it on here.
Hm... Interesting. I use these mods on Linux all the time. While there are differences, Linux is much closer to MacOS than either of them are to Windows since they are both *nix systems.

Reactions: Captain_Marko

Captain_Marko

Administrator
Staff member
Supporter
Jun 10, 2015
Hm... Interesting. I use these mods on Linux all the time. While there are differences, Linux is much closer to MacOS than either of them are to Windows since they are both *nix systems.
True, I've used Apples since 1979 ish, inc Broadcast TV use, and have not encountered such an intransigent problem. ( except SCSI Raids ...) Java as you likely know is The Spawn of Satan ....
Linux is much more "open" than MacOS, these days MacOS is very locked down, it's the foundation of their security based ethic and marketing focus, Java is therefore a nightmare for Apple and they lock it down as hard as they can. Hence, imho, the problems. I recently had a year of Java crashing 50% of the time as MC loaded for example. Annoying? Mmmm.
Happens less often now as I have a new MBP and a fresh start, so I will find a recent Mac minimap guide and give it another go, after a stiff drink :p

Server Cost Donations

Total amount
$0.00
Goal
$200.00