First PC Video Game Played ?

sokoban-_844975_full.png

Sokoban ...hm.. I just realized: blocks! ... I didn't get very far

1579311721088.png

Anyone played this? Didn't have a computer in the early days but played this at my cousins.. so fun.

1581121847078.png
It's hard to be sure which came first, but my first system was the Atari 2600. We had such a selection as Breakout, Tanks, ET, Asteroids, Pac-Man, Baseball, Defender, Joust, and a few others that I'm not remembering. I am pretty sure Breakout was one of the first I played, though. My parents were able to pick up an Atari 2600 with a bunch of games at a garage sale around 1985 or so to have fun with. My mom loved Qbert, but that cartridge didn't last long, and once it died she didn't touch games for a while after that.

A game that sticks in my mind from the C64 days was Monty on the Run. In fact I think I just played it for the music! C64 games had some amazing soundtracks for its time. While looking on youtube I then went down a rabbit hole of other games I remember.

And here's an article on the c64's sound chip 30 years on.

Nice. I was all about Commodore computers as well. Had Vic 20, C64 & C128. First game I made was an adventure called Ghost Ship for the 64. Back then it was easy to sell shareware through local kiosks. It was an honor system. People would send you money if they like your game. Well I didn’t make much money but it was fun.

First game was a text game ... no video. A vampire was on the loose and we had to find it in a large house. If we didn't phrase the questions correctly and us the correct words nothing happened. I want to say it was a commodore 64 or a Vic 20 which ever came first. A few years latter Pong came out ,, oh man we had arrived.

Server Cost Donations

Total amount
$60.00
Goal
$200.00
Back