Show me your odd hobbies!

I love the smell of fresh lanolin rich wool 8) Great thread idea 8)

I repair/modify/convert/demodify/break things like this - an Alinco miniature dual band UHF/VHF transceiver. I had a bunch of these, they were used by the UK Cycling Olympic team and had been modified, I returned them to their orginal order. Though my eyes are getting a bit weak for something this small now.

Alinco DJ-C6 series interior.JPG

I also experiment with home built antennas, using measurement tools such as this NanoVNA...

IMG_0914.jpg

Thought it might be fun to share how strange we all are...

So here is my oddest hobby;

I spin yarn. Both on spindles and my wheel (named Octavia).

This is great Ros!
I wish you could meet may daughter Virginia, I know you two would hit it off. She's befriended a local couple who raise sheep. Virginia often heads over at sheering time and helps with the messy work. She'll take some of that wool, dye it with local colorful fungi, combs it our (maybe not in that order? I don't know) and spins it. I don't know if she's named her wheel :)
It's good to see craftspeople keeping long time traditions alive.

This is great Ros!
I wish you could meet may daughter Virginia, I know you two would hit it off. She's befriended a local couple who raise sheep. Virginia often heads over at sheering time and helps with the messy work. She'll take some of that wool, dye it with local colorful fungi, combs it our (maybe not in that order? I don't know) and spins it. I don't know if she's named her wheel :)
It's good to see craftspeople keeping long time traditions alive.

:O! I most certainly would hit it off with her!! She sounds amazing :D

When not running from mobs or lost in the nether, I go to the garage and take a wrench (or spanner if you like) to my '57 Chevy 150. It's been with me since '78 and I doubt there's a nut or bolt I haven't touched. What I didn't do is the fresh paint job.

Whats the engine in that there Chevy? It's nice, I don't usually go for lowered and re-wheeled cars but that's good 8)

Beautifully kept. 8L ... Lucky you have fairly cheap fuel over there! I used to have a classic Range Rover Vogue 3.5L V8, didn't need a speedometer, just watch the fuel gauge :p

Beautifully kept. 8L ... Lucky you have fairly cheap fuel over there! I used to have a classic Range Rover Vogue 3.5L V8, didn't need a speedometer, just watch the fuel gauge :p
Love the Range Rovers. They are a rare sight here.
This beast does love fuel -Installed a larger 22 gallon tank just so can skip a patrol station on occasion. Fortunately the car is primarily for car club events and local car shows.

True Dan! I just remembered that we had the same conversation about Rat's car a few years ago! Hard drive in my skull needs defraging ...

Server Cost Donations

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$200.00
Back