Possible changes to the HangOut world setup - looking for feedback!

And why cant season have the nice stuff? ..you dont have to use it if you dont like it

This whole thing started with the staff looking at ways to make Main a bit more difficult. By the time we're a month or two into the season all the busy players have everything, drowning in diamonds and resources. By the time we get to the 6 month mark hardly anyone is playing, there's no challenge, all these players have done what they want to do, and many have moved to Vanilla or just stopped playing.

But, if we make Seasonal a little harder, so it has more longevity for the busier players, we start making things very difficult and frustrating for those folk that hardly ever get on, so they stop playing too.

This is the balance. If you're an accomplished builder (which you are), you would most likely home yourself on Seasonal, you'll have Graves (of some form, certainly good enough for what you need with all the resources you'll have), you'll have all the XP you need at the Ender-ender that will no doubt be built within a few days of the dragon being killed (which is why, you'll remember, the showers didn't open immediately, despite your tantrum). Really, it's all there for you, just ever so slightly more difficult, which in turn may keep people busier for just a little longer into the season.

Those players that are a lot more casual (and I include myself in that bracket), can't get anything done in a year, and the game becomes frustrating. The new Permanent world is likely where I'll head (though of course I'll do something on Seasonal), and I can do things at my own pace, without any pressure due to the end of the season looming.

I fully expect most folk to end up playing on both to some extent, but as a generalisation, I think Permanent will be more appealing to the slower players.

Last edited:
And why cant season have the nice stuff? ..you dont have to use it if you dont like it

If you want to stop eating junk food, you don't just buy it and tell yourself you won't eat it. You keep it out of the house.

It's about moderating and balancing the server across the varied player base. If you want XP on Vanilla, and someone offers to build an Enderman farm, it benefits everyone to say "Hey, how can I help?" If someone wanted to do it on the current main the general response would be, "That's a waste of time, just go use the XP shower."

When we're all playing with the same rules, it brings us together as opposed to dividing us. In the case of this setup, we need to be divided in order to bring us together.

Poetic, I know. :cool:

i happy playing on vanilla i made it my home as its a perm world don't really understand the season thing as it took me 4 months to build a wall so will need a long time to complete this build but any thing that will make the player base grow or maintain must be a good thing.

i think if you doing a new main should be a fresh start , if you copy items over players will get bored very quickly and some of the more active player would have a unfair advantage if you copy over stacks and stacks of diamond the challenge would be gone

the only plugin thing that i like is the mcmmo one but don't think your going to add that just for me and it may not run on paper server but has been updated

that's my 2 cent

It all looks good to me! i moved to vanilla as soon as i found out it was a thing, purely because i like to build big and over a long time period of time, and a seasonal reset map i have found just isnt the thing me. Admittedly im retired and have all the time in the world (well that is untill i snuff it from a heart attack because i havnt moved in 3 years) but that being said i still dont like to rush things and so a no reset vanilla gives me that opportunity .

Another reason i moved to vanilla is im really not a big lover of all the frills that main provides , such as xp showers ,gravestone mod and not allowing those lovely creeper explosions. (come guys you gotta love em) There are still of course things i dont like about vanilla, ENDERMEN im pointing at you here (wankers) but i live with it because its a challenge .Also no map border (fecking Awesome ) just love flying 10k or 15k blocks to find new areas of resources . and thats what i like about vanilla .

Now if i had to change anything about vanilla it would be the one person or all people having to sleep thing.

HYPOCRITE !!!! i hear you shout , but bear with me, i can take or leave the sleeping thing it doesnt affect me at all , but i know it hits some other people hard , when others are afking and theres no real chance of asking them to sleep it can be a real pain in the arse and so thats the reason i would change that,

But where do you go if you feel like me about resets, big builds and building over time but you still want the frills, and the answer is up untill now nowhere,

But i think the staff have nailed it , there is something for everyone in these changes, they have obviously put their over educated and inflated heads together (no offense nerds) in an effort to find a middle ground, and i think what they have come up with will be a great success.

Does it fracture the player base? No not really , there are so many ways to keep in contact with each other , Cross server chat to name but one. Discord to name another , be that by typing or jumping in to the fun filled world of Krunn and Gnaz on voice chat and listening to us 2 old farts putting the world to rights .

Forums like this , the show of your work thread is also a great way to show other people who are on different worlds what your working on , it may encourage people from other worlds to visit and take a look around,
I suppose my point is your never really alone so no need to feel fractured

Anyway ive typed for far to long now and im begining to waffle so yes im happy

Last edited:
My thoughts line up with Krunn's, and as a player with a history of inactivity across the years (a great understatement), I do like the proposed changes.

Hopefully, in the future, I won't always click the 'single player' when I launch Minecraft.

A project has kept me from being present and playing for a while and I expect to get back soon. This sounds like an inclusive plan for moving forward. I am among the SLOWEST of builders, so Vanilla and a permanent world will be most likely where I spend most of my time. As always, I greatly appreciate all the efforts of the Staff to make the worlds we enjoy and share. I echo Krunn's points

Given my tendency to disappear for long periods (I'll be back!), the idea of a permanent world is one that appeals to me. It's where I can have some bigger project on the go which'll be there for me when I return, while I still think I'd put some time into seasonal worlds for the fun of starting afresh every now and then.

The difficulty with shared items between main and permanent is that new people will have next to zero luck with a new shop in the mall. With legacy players able to store things up on one side and port them over with each new seasonal map it would make it difficult to new players as the trove of stuff they would have amassed. I absolutely love the concept in it's entirety but that's just one issue I see.

The difficulty with shared items between main and permanent is that new people will have next to zero luck with a new shop in the mall. With legacy players able to store things up on one side and port them over with each new seasonal map it would make it difficult to new players as the trove of stuff they would have amassed. I absolutely love the concept in it's entirety but that's just one issue I see.
If I understand the plan correctly the shared inventory will only be in place for a limited time. Only from the time the permanent world opens until the next season reset (probably with the 1.17 update). After the next seasonal update there will no longer be shared inventories between seasonal and permanent.

If I understand the plan correctly the shared inventory will only be in place for a limited time. Only from the time the permanent world opens until the next season reset (probably with the 1.17 update). After the next seasonal update there will no longer be shared inventories between seasonal and permanent.

Exactly correct :)

I'd LOVE to have my place moved from Vanilla to Permanent (if possible).
Maybe we should fill out a form or something, to make it easier if there are lots of requests?

One more thing: I want to advocate for publishing the world seeds in the future. Sure, that allows people to cheat and find certain structures (end portals, ...) by using seed-based methods, but I don't see the harm in that (if you want to retain the start-of-season hunt for the end portal, then publish the seed after its been found?)
Especially when it comes to finding slime chunks, it helps sooo much. On top of that, certain mods (like minihud, tweakeroo) support overlays for structures such as nether fortresses, ocean monuments, witch huts etc if you are able to access the /seed command, helping a lot with building farms.

Absolutely up for discussion, one can live and play without, but it would be nice in my opinion.
I second this... No mining means less chance to find spawners or slime chunks. Thats about the extent of my interest with this, but the other things mentioned by CBenni are intriguing. For me, an "ask the staff" method to locate slime chunks or spawners in my build area would be adequate if seed is not given.

Server Cost Donations

Total amount
$45.00
Goal
$200.00
Back