Coming changes

Y E S

I'd say this is the best solution to handle the server's current player base. Activity is pretty low, and resets always bump it up a bit, but our applications have nearly dried up. Do this, do it now. Stab the server in the heart with the adrenaline.

We need it.

If anyone comes in here and complains "muh stuffs" and you haven't played in literal months, I'll come to your house and poke you with a very pointy stick.

Press the button, Barry. We all know you wanna.

I like the idea of condensing the player base to increase interactions. I primarily play on permanent so I cannot weigh in on the changes to the seasonal map though. I do have some clarifying questions about the seasonal world proposal.

It was mentioned that permanent would have a dedicated mining world but nothing was said of seasonal. Does that mean on seasonal you will be able to mine anywhere?

it also said season 5 would be a should season. Is the plan to reset seasonal with every major version update?

How will sleeping be handled on all worlds? Currently all permanent and seasonal both have 1 player sleep. Since 1.17 now includes player sleep percentage, will this be used instead of a mod to gain 1 player sleep in the worlds or is this an extra perk that seasonal will not get?

Thanks again staff for all of you hard work!

I like the idea of condensing the player base to increase interactions. I primarily play on permanent so I cannot weigh in on the changes to the seasonal map though. I do have some clarifying questions about the seasonal world proposal.

It was mentioned that permanent would have a dedicated mining world but nothing was said of seasonal. Does that mean on seasonal you will be able to mine anywhere?

it also said season 5 would be a should season. Is the plan to reset seasonal with every major version update?

How will sleeping be handled on all worlds? Currently all permanent and seasonal both have 1 player sleep. Since 1.17 now includes player sleep percentage, will this be used instead of a mod to gain 1 player sleep in the worlds or is this an extra perk that seasonal will not get?

Thanks again staff for all of you hard work!

Let me see if I can manage to answer some of those.

Seasonal will not have its own mining map, but we've not yet decided it it should be a "mine anywhere" or "dedicated mining" map setup.

With 1.17 and 1.18 being such major updates, it makes sense to reset when 1.18 lands. We have previously attempted to start a new season with major updates, but they are usually a year or a year and a half inbetween.

We have not discussed sleeping yet, but it's certainly worth talking about.

Did I miss anything? :)

No it will, but I believe the plan is (as it always was) to make the permanent map bigger when the new land generation hits (1.18 ) and simply update the mining map to 1.17 to make the new items available. (Correct me if I'm wrong Steve)
YES! This is why i parked so close to the border!

Sounds great to me,

When you play late in a long season things don't really work as well. You log on to see nobody on, nobody has bought anything from your shop, that other shop still hasn't been restocked. If you fly around the server there's loads of really cool looking, obviously finished projects, but few new ones. It makes it a bit less appealing to be on and then suddenly you aren't logging on as much yourself - and your shop stops being stocked and your projects sit there not being built.

I love the idea of shorter seasons because it means more time in the active phase.

As for the other changes:
* I'll miss the xp shower, but maybe there's an opportunity to build a community farm with a neighbor.
* Hard mode is slightly intimidating, but there's the excuse I need to go figure out villager zombie conversion.
* Less maps: I like the separation of mining and building worlds, but if they've got to go there's always other solutions

Last edited:
I mostly agree with these changes ^.^
It seems a bit ridiculous to have a $150/mo server for the... at most... 3 or 4 people that are around at any given point in time.
Though I think we should just update everything to 1.17 now, without a season reset (only mining map?), and hop to 1.18 with a new season - the changes to the game in 1.17 are almost exclusively new blocks and stuff, no new world generation - no need to reset the world for that.
I dont think I would want to play on a 5 month season, but maybe thats just me?

I mostly agree with these changes ^.^
It seems a bit ridiculous to have a $150/mo server for the... at most... 3 or 4 people that are around at any given point in time.
Though I think we should just update everything to 1.17 now, without a season reset (only mining map?), and hop to 1.18 with a new season - the changes to the game in 1.17 are almost exclusively new blocks and stuff, no new world generation - no need to reset the world for that.
I dont think I would want to play on a 5 month season, but maybe thats just me?

The activity on the season map tends to be down to near nothing after about 6 months, even when we have a 1½ year season. It simply stops being new, and people have gotten to a point where they have done what they wanted to do.

Personally my projects tend to take longer, but when I finish them, the place is deserted. I think that's the strength of having a seasonal map with short seasons, and a permanent map. Those of us who love big projects can build them, and keep them, while those who get the want to play from a new clean map, get to have that :)

it makes no sense to me that the map with with the all perks is the one where people have permanent storage and many already have 1000's of everything, ability to make permanent xp farms and all. And the map where all is hardcore is the one where people go because they just wanna build. In my head it makes perfect sense the other way around !!

Server Cost Donations

Total amount
$75.00
Goal
$200.00
Back