Memorial Project

Progress is being made! Huge thank you to everyone who has been helping!!

Added buttons in the workshop hallway to get invisible item frames and structure blocks.2020-08-15_21.00.29.png

I replaced the black dots on the United Kingdom map. Using blue lanterns for a soft lighting effect.2020-08-15_20.50.13.png

Tried using stone brick for gray dot to tie in with blackstone brick in black dots.
This one is without light underneath:2020-08-15_20.45.48.png

And with light underneath:2020-08-15_20.45.24.png

Let me know what you think :)

Lik has finished the basic structure of the platforms she designed. They look so amazing above the central waterfall!
2020-08-15_21.13.16.png

The larger corner platforms will house spawn, displays, and the map of the whole memorial:
2020-08-15_21.13.52.png

The bridges have displays for each country which include a button to TP to the plot for that country. 2020-08-15_21.14.51.png

(Unfortunately realms has a very limited render distance, so you can't see the trees, etc that should be in the background.)

All you need to do is add [persistent=true] to the leaves, for example:

Code:
/fill ~-10 ~ ~-10 ~10 ~ ~10 oak_leaves[persistent=true]

When having the F3 debug menu open, mousing over oak leaves will tell you if they are persistent or not (aka if they need a wood log nearby or not):
leaves.png

Learned how to change paintings in MC, so below is a possible picture for Health Care Workers tribute (it is Dr. Li, who first tried to warn about covid and ended up dying from it.) Unfortunately, realms does not allow you to upload textures with your world, so to see this while in realms, people will have to load texture pack. The zip file I have attached is the texture pack with this painting. When not in realms, can include this in the world file.2020-08-27_13.11.11.png

Attachments

• DrLiPainting.zip
    268.9 KB · Views: 0
Doing research to try and figure out what exactly to put in the tribute to healthcare workers area.

Now wondering about using photos from the internet because of copyright. Anyone have any knowledge of this?

Topics I am thinking about for this area are:
- Worldwide shortage of PPEs
- Things people have done to thank them
- How health care workers and scientists from different countries working together
- How many have died. Have not been able to find worldwide numbers on this. Even for the US, I found an article about someone who has compiled their own list, from obituaries, of healthcare workers who have died and her list is much larger than the official total.

Let me know if you have any ideas or thoughts :)

Doing research to try and figure out what exactly to put in the tribute to healthcare workers area.

Now wondering about using photos from the internet because of copyright. Anyone have any knowledge of this?

Topics I am thinking about for this area are:
- Worldwide shortage of PPEs
- Things people have done to thank them
- How health care workers and scientists from different countries working together
- How many have died. Have not been able to find worldwide numbers on this. Even for the US, I found an article about someone who has compiled their own list, from obituaries, of healthcare workers who have died and her list is much larger than the official total.

Let me know if you have any ideas or thoughts :)

Photos- you can use photos under "fair use" ( USA) and generally elsewhere as the use will be non-profit & educational. It's best to have a clear notice displayed that says that anyone who claims ownership of an image can email/msg if they want it removed. That's my personal experience.

Total world numbers - as you say it's difficult as so many different ways of calculating... and the general chaos surrounding the whole "crisis" - estimates range from 1- 10 million!

Regarding pictures I still think one must be very careful when it comes to people portraits, especially when they are deceased. While the intention is great, Minecraft still is a game and not all families may agree to this setting.

Other than that I'm with Marko. You are in the US so US law applies to you. If using any images from the internet is permitted for non-profit/educational use then you should be safe. I'd still be careful with it in germany, but the US is much more ... "flexible" with this. :)

Decided I would rather avoid using photos. Been working on creating my own images instead.

Not finished with it yet, but wanted to show what I am working on.4x2collagee.jpg

It would be a 4x2 painting and be displayed like this:
2020-09-07_12.02.40.png

There will also be places for smaller pictures on displays. Below is a sketch of one I am working on to go with a display about the mental toll on healthcare workers. Would any of you artistic types be interested in doing a picture? It is not finalized yet, but current list of topics is:
- Dr Li
- Thanking Healthcare Workers
- How Many Have Died?
- Tributes to the Fallen
- Working Together (cooperation happening between scientists/medical professionals is unprecedented)
- Mental Health
- PPE Shortage (maybe)
2020-09-07_12.02.46.png

Server Cost Donations

Total amount
$75.00
Goal
$200.00
Back